When you embark on the journey to your new home, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by the choices of building companies. To help you in the process of selecting a reliable builder, we’ve compiled a checklist of things to research and questions to ask.
Research your shortlist of building companies thoroughly, for example:
• Talk to recent customers. Don’t be afraid to ask companies for names of recent customers whom you can talk to.
• Look at the track record of the company including who is behind it and how long they have been operating.
• Talk to tradespeople to determine whether the company is up to date on paying it’s bills.
Before signing your contract:
• Ask if the deposit is to be held in a trust account.
• Check for hidden costs. Confirm that the agreement includes a full specification, and that it is a true fixed price agreement.
• Ask for evidence of their building warranty. Determine how long the warranty covers and how maintenance issues will be handled during this time.
• Ask for a clear build timeline.
• Find out how experienced your project manager is, and how the build will be managed.
• Take independent advice.
If you are after some sound advice from a reputable builder, don’t hesitate to give the Horncastle Homes team a call.